Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Why I Want to do an Educational Blog

I honestly believe that the majority of parents want their children to receive the best education available while creating kids who love to learn.   In a perfect world class sizes are small, budgets unlimited, technology readily available, there is always time for creative play, the arts are embraced, learning styles, Multiple Intelligences, and gender differences are addressed by educator's who are there because they love working with children.  In reality, as far as I know, this learning environment doesn't exist.  But that doesn't mean your child has to be deprived of the education that comes from these factors.  You can always compensate for what might be missing from your child's education if you are interested in taking the time.  My goal is to create a blog that teaches parents how to give their child the best education regardless of whether they are in public, private, charter, virtual, co-op, or home school.  I personally believe that learning should be fun.  I plan to share the ideas I've used with my daughter and in the classroom as a teacher to get kids involved in what I call creative learning.  When I refer to creative learning I'm talking about teaching in a non traditional way.  Catering lessons to children's individual interests and learning styles while simultaneously strengthening the subject matter that is weaker or less intriguing.  Stepping beyond the world of desks, worksheets, and standardized testing into a world of hands on, jumping, laughing, playing, and testing done through real world application of content matter.

Together we will explore through my upcoming posts: Identifying your Child's Strengths and Learning Styles, 15 Ways to Better Their Education, How to Create a Love of Learning, Creative Learning on Vacation, 5 Questions to Ask at Parent Teacher Conference, Creative Learning Before Kindergarten, 5 Questions to Ask Your Child About their School Day, Creative Learning with Exceptional Children, and What's Going On Inside Your Head?!  I also look forward to answering any questions from readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment